Monday, February 21, 2011

Wordless

Last week, I ran out of words. It's the only possible explanation for why I didn't get my posts done, my assignments written, my presentation started or any of the other word-based things that needed to be completed.

I hate it when I run out of words. No words, no job. No job, no rent money. No rent money, no place to live. No place to live, no electricity. No electricty, no coffee. No coffee, I'm doomed. I guess I need to figure out where my words went.

I just had a conversation with one of my tutors about setting and meeting standards, and how I can't name a standard and expect my students and my staff to meet it if I'm not willing to live up to it myself.

Darn it.

3 comments:

  1. I really don't know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once had a teacher tell me that when I couldn't think of anything to say that I should just sit down and write "I can't think of anything to say" over and over again and my mind, being the sort of thing that would be bored by this, would think of something to say to spare itself the boredom of repetition...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I tell my students to do when we're doing in-class freewriting. Doodling and "blah blah blah" don't seem to cut it.

    ReplyDelete